[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3ABN SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lesbrown@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3ABN SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 03:36:47 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3ABN
Operator(s): VE3ABN
Station: VE3ABN

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: fn03dn

   40:   48    32
   20:  128    52
   15:   66    29
Total:  242   113  Total Score = 82,038

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well, it was really an eye opener on SSB of how limiting it can be with only
dipoles up 20 feet in the air. I managed better in CW. For fun, I listened for
a while to Bob (CF3CCO) running on 20. I didn't hear a single station that he
worked. In the end, I guess I just worked the big guns on the bands by S&P.
Surprisingly, there were a couple of stations from Japan that heard me and one
from New Zealand. Running was completely out of the question. I could get away
with the occasional run on the CW contest, but definitely not on SSB. So I put
in just a few hours for fun. Next year should be better. My tower plans are
starting to come together. I can hardly wait to get some real antennas.