[3830] RTTY WPX DR160TESLA(DK8ZZ) SOSB20(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX DR160TESLA(DK8ZZ) SOSB20(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 18:39:49 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: DR160TESLA
Operator(s): DK8ZZ
Station: DR160TESLA

Class: SOSB20(TS) LP
QTH: Erbach

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hi all,

first want thank to all who worked me in WPX RTTY with this long and unusual
callsign. DR160TESLA callsign is issued last year in the memory of 160th
birthday of Nikola Tesla, and the license is valid till June 14th 2017. So far,
so good.
Well...the first problem: DR160TESLA is obviously too long for skimmer
clusters. I was mostly spotted as DR160TE :D .
Second problem: not too good CONDX in western part of Europe.

Saturday almost no run and a lot of useless CQing with low power station.
Sunday was better, especially in the afternoon with some runs (no runs at all,
but stations answered on my CQ). Generally, CONDX to USA were better than to
the east. Only one JA in the log, 3 stations from South America, but at the
same time also a large number of USA/VE STNs.
Due to pointing in WPX Contest, a lot of EU Stations stays on 80 and 40m as
long as possible.

C U in WPX SSB.

73s, Zik DK8ZZ