[3830] NAQP SSB K1VR(KC1CWF) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc1cwf@kc1cwf.us
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K1VR(KC1CWF) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 07:08:16 +0000
North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K1VR
Operator(s): KC1CWF
Station: K1VR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1

  160:   39    16
   80:   61    23
   40:  130    29
   20:  327    37
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  557   105  Total Score = 58,485

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Well... here is my brain dump. .
 (some score issue... gotta figure it out...)
Plan was to go all in. SO2R, dual run, blah, blah, blah. About 5 minutes before
the contest started, I found out that A. The station automation system had
committed suicide, and no manual system was in place, and B. the BPFs hadn't
been wired into the station yet. (We are rebuilding this season).

So, I put some things together, and found out that I could still do the
contest, but with a few limitations:

SO1R
The highband stacks were always all active, meaning that the 4/4/4 on 20m would
always all be used, including the 4 el Yagi fixed at EU (!)

No antenna selection on the low bands
No 40m foursquare
No 80m phased verticals
160m array stuck at EU.

So, I went for it.

Test started ok, and late (10 mins)

First 4 hrs we're great, rate meter stayed high.
Then I went to the low bands,
THEY WERE BAD.

More notes coming,
I need sleep.