[3830] NAQP CW KT8K Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW KT8K Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 14:44:12 +0000
North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN82 SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 6:23

  160:   22    15
   80:  120    41
   40:   52    28
   20:   45    18
   15:   12     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  251   106  Total Score = 26,606

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 4

Comments:

Now THAT was fun.  I didn't expect propagation on 80 to be so good but, between
that and the absence of high power stations, people I could barely hear could
hear me - I love this contest!  My wire vertical with low loss feed system
handled the 160m chores and did surprisingly well on a diet of 5 Watts.  I only
wish I had had more time to devote to this contest, but I'm looking forward to
the SSB round and hoping for similar conditions.

It was great to see so many of my Mad River brethren in there.  Thanks to all
for the many QSO's, and I hope to put you all in my log next week, too.  72 de
kt8k - Tim

equipment:
old Tentec Orion running 5 Watts
MFJ Grandmaster memory keyer w. Bencher BY-1 paddle
WGA TR2000 headset

Antennas:
- 10/15/20m trap dipole swinging near-vertically in the trees, center at 30
feet, fed with Wireman RG8x
- 20/40/80m triple wire dipole horizontal at 30 feet, fed w. RG8x
- 40/80m wire vertical fed at 12 feet, 1 radial per band (plus 2 old 43'
radials), fed with 300 Ohm TV twin lead by an LDG Z-11 autotuner

Thanks for enjoying my ham radio (and other) songs:
"I Want a Big Tower" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA
"If You Ain't Runnin', You Ain't Winnin'"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA