[3830] RTTY Roundup KR1ST Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KR1ST Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 04:07:51 +0000
ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA

Total:  512  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 24  Total Score = 37,376

Rig: IC-7300
Pwr: 100W
Ant: two 132ft doublets (DXE, with DXE baluns) at 50 feet
Tnr: MFJ-993B
Swr: N1MM+

Happy New Year!

I haven't been contesting in a while, so I figured I'd play for a few hours to
hand out some Q's. Work, and life's other duties, made it possible to only pop
into the contest here and there.

I'm pleasantly surprised by this lil' 7300 rig. When you set up the spectrum
scope correctly (factory default is rather horrible) and use the 500Hz or 1kHz
grid, it makes (unassisted) S&P operation very effective. I was a little
wary about overheating it while running because of its smaller size, but that
concern proved to be unfounded. I'm looking forward to trying the 7610!

It was nice to work some of my former fellow SC contesters NJ4F, KG4IGC, K7OM
and AA4V.

Thanks for the fun, and we'll see you in the next one I hope.

73,
--Alex KR1ST