[3830] ARRL 10 K8MR SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8MR SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 23:52:28 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: FL

   CW:  215    43
  SSB:   44    17
-------------------
Total:  259    60  Total Score = 56,880

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This contest exceeded expectations, with the good west coast opening on Saturday
and some decent Es on Saturday night and Sunday. I started with the hidden
vertical in the trees, but after visitors left at noon on Saturday I was able
to put up a dipole in an outside tree, at about 35 feet. This was several
S-units better, and made things fun at times. RBN comparisons with K5KG and
K1TO were down 15-20 db, which is about what one would expect. But I was now at
least a mediocre low power station rather than a hidden antenna weak signal
generator. There is still urban noise here, but I could at least run at times.
There were a few people calling who heard me but I was unable to copy.

Most worked state was CA with 38 Q's, followed by a tie between IL and OH at
22. Things to the east were difficult, with only one W1 QSO, with K1KI, and one
each in NJ and DE. No VE1/2. But I had an Idaho run - three ID QSOs out of five,
around 1720Z on Sunday.

Last contest of the year, heading north to NJ on Thursday with no radios. See
you all in 2017!

73  -  Jim   K8MR