[3830] CQWW CW W3LL(K3WI) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ll@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W3LL(K3WI) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 03:25:31 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W3LL
Operator(s): K3WI
Station: W3LL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MD

  160:   43     9       28
   80:  207    17       79
   40:  684    35      122
   20: 1048    34      120
   15:  332    26      105
   10:   42    15       26
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We had an issue Friday evening when Bill reported hearing very skewed paths.
A check of the MonstIR showed it to be off by 270 degrees. Not sure when it
started but was traced to first time use of N1MM rotor presets instead of Green
Heron point and shoot. The antenna loops could not be seen so prudently shut
down until Saturday morning daylight when the problem was corrected.

EU opening on 40M started early at 2 PM Saturday.

Worked Fred HS0ZAR.

The short term rate meter peaked at 330 Q/HR between 7 and 8 AM Saturday
morning.

For me it became a spectator sport watching Live Scores Online and seeing a two
day horse race between W3LL and AA1K both with near identical scores.

Thanks to Bill K3WI who did a spectacular job piloting W3LL.

Equipment: 10M thru 40M SteppIR MonstIR at 90 feet, 80M 4-SQ, 160M shunt fed
tower, NE/SW and NW/SE reversing 500' Beverages, K3, P3, Alpha 9500.

We thank all for the Q's and to the contest sponsor.

73,

Bud W3LL