[3830] SS SSB K0VXU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K0VXU Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 03:21:03 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 19:41

   15:    1

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL-922A, TH6DXX, Slopping Vees (80 & 40), N1MM+

Great contest, great fun.  Only part-time again this weekend.  Other things
intruded on the op time.  Glad to snag the clean sweep early Sunday.  Just left
to grind out QSOs.  As usual the money band for me was 20 but 40 and 80 provided
many unexpected QSOs.  I ignored 15 and 10 meters as well as 160 meters.  Just
nothing much happening on those bands.  Some activity, but only slight here in
the middle country.

Lots of familiar callsigns and friendly voices (even those guys who usually
speak with their fingers like N3JT).

Conditions seemed fairly good to me as I could copy most stations calling.  QSB
proved be to a challenge at times.  I found that one should not spend too much
tome on 40 after the sunsets. It goes long and does not yield the close in
mults.

Speaking of mults, the surprise of the contest was when I was on 80 and K9PG
broke in to work VE in ONE to complete his sweep and I asked him who he had
worked in NT.  Of course he said VY1AAA.  I mentioned that I need that one and
lo and behold on my next CQ who should answer but VY1AAA.  The tough mults for
me this time were ... wait for it....GTA and NL.  Finally snagged them Sunday
morning on 20.

The only regret was not trying to work one last QSO before the bell rang at
0300Z to push my score over 200K.  Well, there's always next year.

Good to see so many of the Kansas City Contest Clubbers in the test.

Thanks to all who pulled me out of the muck and provided a QSO.

73,
Russ - K0VXU