[3830] CQWW SSB S50K SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB S50K SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 08:12:26 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: S50K
Operator(s): S50K
Station: S50K

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: JN66XB
Operating Time (hrs): 30:58

   15: 1701    34      149
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1701    34      149  Total Score = 574,254

>From this part of the globe we had many things in this ctest: low sunspot
number, reasonable high A and K, as well as aurora. Consequently, no
propagation into zones 1, 3, 19, 31, 40, also missing 34. Just 391 qso's from
NA, low signal levels, 13 only from JA, one the first day. Over 1400 from NA
last year. There were near 10 more countries that were heard or echoed, but not
worked. No HB0, EA6 managed to get into log. Have spent lots of time calling
into 3V8, then two came back on my cq close to ctest end. Had great luck with
several zone 27 stations. Qso #3 was VK6NC from zone 30, tnx.

In general it was a struggle, getting any new stations across the band. It is
still the same, when Central America works North America in our evening, even
though you have the signals S9+ here, the chance to work you is small.

In conclusion, it was a challenge and it was fun as well, the setup performed
without a glitch.

Thanks for all calls. 73s,
Marko, S50K