[3830] CoQP N0AC/M(@N0AC/0) SO MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CoQP N0AC/M(@N0AC/0) SO MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 01:38:53 +0000
Colorado QSO Party

Call: N0AC/M
Operator(s): N0AC
Station: N0AC/0

Class: SO MobileCW LP
QTH: CO

----------------------------
Total:  270     0       0  CW Mults = 39  Ph Mults = 0  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 42,432

Club: Iowa DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first single operator mobile/rover contest and I see a lot to be
learned. My XYL is an amateur photographer and rode along so our first
objective was to trade ham radio time with amateur photography.

The day before the contest we drove to The Great Sand Dunes for sunset
pictures. While she shot I activated NP25 then PV09. The next morning we got up
early for sunrise pictures but were plagued by thick fog. It seems like
conditions for photography is sometimes like propagation, poor as I found the
rest of the day. We traded sites throughout the day looking for photo
opportunities in each county we visited. We quit at Gunnison where after dinner
I drove to the GUN/MOT county line until it got dark then pulled the plug for
the day.

The next morning I activated RC06 and NP06 then we began the trek home to Estes
Park via some of the most scenic, historic, and photo rich parts of Western
Colorado.

If I include my 138 NPOTA QSOs to the CoQSO party QSOs I beat Donna's 350
photos for the weekend but not by much.

Thanks to those that QSOed or tried to QSO with me this weekend. For a run down
on the mobile station see my QRZ.COM page.

Bill, N0AC
At the foot of the Rocky Mountains, 7100\'

Rig 1-FT1000MP~100w
Antenna 1-HyGain HyTower Jr.
Antenna 2-2 Element 20m vertical array

Rig 2-Ten Tec Omni VI~100w
Antenna 1-40m Dipole
Antenna 2-15m 2 Element vertical dipole array

Software-N1MM+