[3830] SPDX RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SPDX RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 15:52:35 +0000
SPDX RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VIRGINIA

   40:  299    50
Total:  299    50  Continents = 4  Total Score = 499,600

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the QSOs.  All are appreciated.

40 m conditions were okay and the noise level was down from the previous day
(storms out of the area).

Unfortunately, a problem showed up just after 40 m opened up to Europe from the
East Coast USA.  During the exchange with 5B4AMM noticed the power had dropped
from 1500 W out to 2 W!  When I stopped xmitting, the receiver's noise floor
also had drastically lowered.  Found the problem after approx. an hour of
process of elimination trouble shooting, made the correction, and got back in
the Contest.  Why couldn't the problem have shown up the day before the
Contest, or even earlier in the day when checking out the station prior to the
Contest?   But, then, the Contest wouldn't be run under "contest"
conditions hi..

Ran out of BIC stamina after a total of 8 hours of operating which was a bit
after 0200 LT.

The two continent multipliers missed were Oceania and Asia.  Suspect
propagation contributed to not being able to work an Asian station during the
Europe - NA 40 m opening.  The Oceania mult. was missed due to my being in bed
instead of my BIC.

Got all the Poland provinces except for L on 40 m.  Thanks for all the mults.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH