[3830] 222SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 20:08:36 +0000
222 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

Total:  QSOs = 21  Mults = 12  Tot Dist(km) = 857  Total Score = 252

Light activity around Chicago-land, so-so conditions. No Qs in the last 45
minutes.

Mults total is based on 'classic' Rover scoring; count mults separately from
each grid-4 visited and add them up. Four unique grids worked.

Breakdown by Grid-4s I visited:

Grid Qs Ms
EN51  6  3
EN52  6  3
EN61  5  3
EN62  4  3
Tot. 21 12 = 252

Total DX - 857 km

Just over half of 2015's QSOs and Multipliers, about 1/3 of last year's final
score and total DX.

Nothing over 100 miles - 3 over 100 km, 2 in the 70-80 km range, 10 in the
13-27 km range and 6 under 10 km.

Best DX to N9LB in EN52hv from EN61ax, 154 km. Adding two other QSOs that we
completed accounts for over half of my total of path lengths/DX. Thanks to
Lloyd for the 'heavy lifting' to copy my signal.

8 different calls worked, worked 3 of those from all four of the Grid-4s I
visited. Three of the 8 calls (including one of the Grid-4 sweeps) were on FM.
While I did manage to work all of the nearby Grid-4s, the best I caught from
any of the 4 Grid-4s I visited was three, I only got EN61 when I was in EN61
and the Grid-4 I missed from EN61 was EN51.

Thanks to Kent, KA2KQM, for his continued leadership of the Spring Sprint
hosting team including Mike, WB8BZK, and to Central States for their on-going
sponsorship.

Thanks also to ALL who were on and participated in the 2016 222 MHz Spring
Sprint.

73, JK