[3830] WPX SSB KU1CW SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku1cw@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KU1CW SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 07:49:07 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KU1CW
Operator(s): KU1CW
Station: KU1CW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 33
Remote Operation

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow! First full time (almost) remote contest operation for me and first full
time SOP effort from the East coast as well.
 I was in Portland OR and station in Virginia >4500km away. Used single
radio and it worked very well - without a glitch for the entire contest.
 I had only laptop and internet in my "shack" and FT2000+ACOM2000 at
the Virginia station. All operation was only via user interface - i.e computer
screen.
 I have forgot that my laptop has a touch screen, which would make it possible
to tune FT2000 very easily by hand. Have tried it after the contest and it
working just fine.
 I'm very impressed with the stability of this remote operation - very well
designed station!

 Thanks to Mike, W4AAW, for letting me use his fine station and to all people
who helped to build it!
Thanks for all the Q's!
73! Alex, KU1CW/7