[3830] ARRLDX SSB N7JMO(N7MZW) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N7JMO(N7MZW) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 22:58:20 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N7JMO
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7JMO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 28.75

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   40:   11    11
   20:  220    75
   15:  259    74
   10:   92    30
-------------------
Total:  584   192  Total Score = 336,384

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

SOAPBOX: N7MZW, Chuck Jr.(normally in Cheyenne, Wyoming),was a guest Op at
N7JMO,(Chuck Senior's QTH),in Peterson, Utah located 18 miles N/E of Salt Lake
City for my 59th birthday. A TH-5 Tribander at 72 feet is a wonderful thing
when your home shack only has a single G5RV antenna!I worked 85 countries plus
Alaska and Hawaii in 28.75 hours of Op time.I made 584 contacts,with 192 total
mults.80 Mtrs was 2 Q's for 0%,40 Mtrs-11 Q's for 2%,20 Mtrs-220 Q's for 38%,15
Mtrs-259 Q's for
44%,and 10 Mtrs was 92 Q's for 16% of total stations worked.EU was 249 Q's for
43%,SA-132 Q's for 23%,AS-92 Q's for 16%,NA-87 Q's for 15%,OC-15 Q's for 3%,and
AF-9 Q's for 2% of total.95%"Hunt and Pounce" with only a couple of
short runs to JA.90% of all stations worked answered me on my first
call!Several DX stations moved me to another band for the Utah mult.Working
conditions: Kenwood TS-950SDX, Heil BM-10 Headset,Hy-Gain TH-5 at 72 feet,102
ft.G5RV(Inv. Vee)at 60 feet,Heil Clear Speech speaker(for Notch Filter),and a
Ham IV rotor on 72 feet of guyed Rohn 25 tower with a Glen Martin Hazer.I would
like to dedicate this "personal best" ARRL DX Phone Contest effort to
my Grandmother,N5PSC, Louise Williams,(SK),who was licensed at age 79 and who
held a General Class License until age 92,my Mother Lynn,KD7IYJ,(I never had
such great contesting food),and my father,N7JMO,who steered me away from my
"Redneck" 11 meter ways(before I wound up in jail),and who introduced
me to the best hobby in the world! Thanks to everyone for working me.

NOTE: PLEASE forward all "snail mail" QSL requests to N7MZW,(station
operator for this contest),at my Cheyenne,WY.address as shown on QRZ.com.I will
handle ALL QSL requests related to this contest for N7JMO.In addition,I will try
to establish a LOTW account for N7JMO, and upload the cabrillo file for this
contest within the next 7 to 10 days.
73,
 N7 "Many Zebras Walking"
 Chuck Jr. Cheyenne, WY