[3830] ARRLDX SSB EI7M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@airwave.ie
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB EI7M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 21:48:36 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: EI7M
Operator(s): EI3JE EI3KD EI7IG EI8IR G4CLA EI3JZ
Station: EI7M

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:  122    29
   80:  421    46
   40: 1072    60
   20: 1355    62
   15: 2080    61
   10:  945    55
-------------------
Total: 5995   313  Total Score = 5,639,000

After a very wet and stormy winter, we were looking forward to getting on air
for this contest. Like most of the British Isles, we took quite a battering
from the continuous storms - and thankfully all antennas survived (Anyone have
a good fix for keeping water out of prosistel rotators ?)

The contest opened very well for us with good runs on 40m and approx 1000q in
the bag by morning. 10m opened on saturday afternoon, but the real action was
on 15m where we had sustained runs all evening - every time we thought it was
ready to close - off it would go again

Once 15m eventually closed, we moved to 20m settling in for the slower night
shift - but 20m from midnight to 2am was extraordinary - our fastest rates of
the whole weekend were at 1am on 20m ?

10m was much better for us on sunday and we were destined to improve our score
from the previous year, but once the aurora hit it was game over.

We jumped everywhere to try and get a run going but to no avail while we could
hear those further south making qso's.

Thanks again to those who travelled to be with us - a fun weekend ! No fresh
baking John :-) but we did have some nice iced buns

It doesn't look like we can assemble a team for WPX due to the clash with
Easter holidays so IOTA will be our next outing.

Thanks for the QSO's guys

John

john@airwave.ie