[3830] ARRLDX SSB W2TF SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W2TF SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 16:12:20 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2TF
Operator(s): W2TF
Station: W2TF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FN12gs
Operating Time (hrs): 29:32

  160:    3     3
   80:   53    35
   40:   93    48
   20:  190    72
   15:  234    68
   10:  135    45
-------------------
Total:  708   271  Total Score = 575,604

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Association

Comments:

Two FT-1000mp MK-V's,kt-34Xa stuck south@'50/Wilson SY-1 @ '50 and various wire
combinations for low bands. Having lost the display in one rig and not getting
a rotor replaced in time. Couldn't really make adequate use of 2nd rig which I
think made me fidgety and that led to bic problems.

Found everyone's comments on 10 pretty much spot on with my experience this
weekend. On 10 meters CQ8M was s6-8 sp and couldn't hear me. Only to find out a
few minutes later he was 10-15 over on a skewed LP and able to work him first or
second call.

Other than obvious station tending, goals for next year include. Concentrate on
audio and get rid of dvs2's, maybe piece together another 34Xa for ?, and
improve(vastly) ergonomic situation somehow.