[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4RM M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4rm@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W4RM M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 00:49:59 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4RM
Operator(s): W4RM W4NF W7IY K4RG K5OF N3AHA
Station: W4RM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA

  160:   69    42
   80:  253    75
   40:  795    96
   20: 1364   125
   15: 1357   120
   10:  377    91
-------------------
Total: 4215   549  Total Score = 6,922,341

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Ed K5OF who came early for the contest to help climb and repair the M2
rotor on Friday afternoon just three hours before the contest.  After operating
the ARRL DX CW contest without the rotor on the 40M beam and 80M rotatable
dipole having this repaired for ARRL SSB was very much needed. "Thanks
Ed"

The contest start at a faster than expected pace with higher QSO rates in first
three hours. Then things started to slow more to the expected pace.  Over the
remainder of the contest the expected propagation played out except for the
better than expected 10M opening on Sunday.

Overall we have no equipment failures and the SSB team missing one operated who
had to work executed to planned.

The overall score was a little higher than I was expecting based on the ARRL DX
CW scores but we all had a great time and walk way happy having experienced our
first SSB contest with the new K3 radio at all positions.

Thanks for the QSO's!

73 Bill  W4RM