[3830] ARRLDX CW KD9MS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KD9MS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 01:25:34 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 22:40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   10    10
   80:   58    33
   40:  123    53
   20:  151    66
   15:  171    64
   10:   60    37
-------------------
Total:  573   263  Total Score = 452,097

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I was surprised how good the bands were, despite the fact that there was hardly
any EU on 10, the other bands were very strong! Worked V6A on 10m late Sunday
afternoon looking for the nonexistent JS's on 10. Also HI was worked. And I
worked D4C who was very loud again on 10. Heard lots of SMC on the air
particularly K9CT. I can tell the S&P stations because we all seem to end
up in the same place a lot. I tried calling once, but there were too many
stations on and my rate stayed up around 25 to 30 for parts of the busy hours.
All S&P.

Lots of good stations with wonderful ears hearing my little signal. Once again,
I think high power is too easy. V51JY was a nice pileup to break, but I spent
too much time trying to break it. I used the other radio to pick up about 10
mults and 20 contacts when I was trying to get him. Doesn't make sense.

I like my FTdx-1200 a lot! except for the knocking out of the audio when it
scans the band, it seems to have a better receiver than my FT-2000, but I can
find stations on the DMU a lot better and the VFO is a little loose for my
taste. All that aside, I'm glad to have this radio. It worked like a champ! I
really need to get my K9AY loop up and going, but with the new puppy, I just
don't want him to eat it.

I couldn't work full time, but did manage 22.5 hours and missed the last 20
minutes but it was fun. Now to get ready for the ARRL DX SSB.

73, Craig KD9MS