[3830] CQ160 CW YR8E(@YO8RNI) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW YR8E(@YO8RNI) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 16:03:45 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: YR8E
Operator(s): YO8RHM YO8TTT
Station: YO8RNI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: kn37is

Total:  QSOs = 1238  State/Prov = 12  Countries = 63  Total Score = 490,350

Well...Not a very happy weekend for us, after many contests with no technical
issue it was time to meet Murphy as we never did before...We prepared pretty
hard for the contest, we installed beverages in 8 directions and get a new
switch/distribution system for the second radio but something was not the way
it should.After a very promising pile-up with JA's before the start, in wich we
easily worked almost 50 JA',something happened when we started using the second
radio and our Rx system was not working as it worked just before start.We
didn't realize that for sure until saturday in the evening and lost a lot of
dx.We tried to figure out what was the problem, we checked antenna,
transformers, termination resistor, of course, in the mud at midnight:-)), we
by-passed the switch system but,although we found and solve some of the
problems, we still had a poor Rx for the whole contest....Sometimes I think
simple is better:-)Last year we've had only two beverages and worked many more
JA and states then this year.We are very disappointed about the results, we
hardly worked only 12 states and just 11 JA, some nice dx, like HS, PJ2, BY or
HK but , frankly, we expected to hear much better:-(( We have to check the
radios, somehow I think there must be  the problem, maybe something happened at
the rx input.Hopefully we will find the problem until ssb contest:-)I hope my
optimism will be back again, right now It's pretty low:-)
73!Bob YO8RNI