[3830] CQ160 CW N4DJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4dj@me.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4DJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 22:11:47 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4DJ
Operator(s): N4DJ
Station: N4DJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

Total:  QSOs = 389  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 8  Total Score = 43,561

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig is Elecraft K3 driving Drake L7 at 500 watts. Inverted L for transmitting.
Almost all QSOs were made receiving on my short (100 foot) NE BOG. Being so
short on 160 it is not directive but very quiet and definitely worth having.

Slight transmitting antenna problems. The snow storm got the branch that holds
the vertical end of my inverted L high in the tree. I was lucky the line got
caught on another limb about half way up the tree. My trusty spud gun will fix
that before the next contest!

Thanks for the Qs.

73,
Don