[3830] CQ160 CW KY7M(@N5IA) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ARS-KY7M@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KY7M(@N5IA) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 14:58:39 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KY7M
Operator(s): KY7M NA2U
Station: N5IA

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ

Total:  QSOs = 1129  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 43  Total Score = 360,570

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

We were given the unique opportunity this weekend to remote into the N5IA
8-Circle Array.  Aside from some rough keying due to internet bandwidth issues
in rural Arizona, the station worked as expected.  My K3 in Phoenix acted like
Milt's K3 on site in Safford, AZ.  In setting up and practicing during the
week, I enjoyed one amazing spotlight opening to Europe, running 100 stations
on Thursday morning 0525Z - 0755Z.  Unfortunately, that spotlight opening did
not repeat itself during the contest and Europe was very challenging to hear
and work from the west coast even with the 8-Circle.  Many thanks to Milt,
N5IA, for this 160 meter engineering marvel and the opportunity to use it for
this contest.  It was an experience that Fred, NA2U, and I will not soon
forget.
73, Lee, KY7M@N5IA