[3830] NAQP SSB K3CCR M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3CCR M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 03:44:50 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD

  160:   60    22
   80:  183    34
   40:  125    32
   20:   95    29
   15:   61    21
   10:   13     6
-------------------
Total:  537   144  Total Score = 77,328

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. For
the NAQP SSB available operators were N3UM and W3GB.  We have
a triplexer on our Skyhawk tribander, good low-band wires, and
bandpass filters that let us operate safely on any two of the
six bands.  High bands were weak and slow: in the first 2 hrs.
we got just 53 Qs on 15, 40 Qs on 20, 13 Qs on 10. W6s and W7s
were working W8s and W9s we could not hear.  AHA: Sporadic E in
the west, W8 and W9 signals much louder in W6 than our F-layer signals. That
and SFI of 105 limited us to only 159 high-band
Qs vs 336 in 2014 with SFI of 125. We went to 40 m. at 20Z, 80
m. at 23Z, and 160 m.at 01Z and did much better: 368 low-band
Qs vs 214 in 2014. Worked 46 states; missed AR, ID, NV, and HI.
Put in 22.5 operator hours BIC, and claimed 5% more points than
in 2014: slightly fewer Qs but a few more mults.