[3830] RTTY Roundup K7JR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K7JR M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 01:24:08 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K7JR
Operator(s): K7RF K7ZO KR7X
Station: K7JR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 19:30
Remote Operation

Total: 1053  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 50  Total Score = 111,618

Another totally remote operation by the Snake River Remote Contesters Club. A
pretty good Op Time for us. A couple of our operators had router issues causing
audio dropouts and thus inaccurate RTTY decoding, so they were not able to make
it. (Such is the life of remote operation -- another couple layers of
technology to keep humming along. These sorts of things must be the replacement
for challenges such as "a couple operators could not make it because they
had car trouble".)

10M was a pleasant surprise with good signals and much activity. For us the
path to Europe was not great with short openings on 15 and 20 and marginal
signals. We made the best of it but our mult total I am sure suffered.

We are getting the remote stuff figured out every time we get on the air. The
whole precontest setup involving bringing up the N1MM+ network through a VPN,
getting the packet feed going, etc. is now going really smoothly. We still need
to stress out the system with a full M/2 effort. Which we will do next weekend
in the NAQP CW.

Scott/K7ZO for SRRCC