[3830] CQWW CW AB1J SOSB(A)/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AB1J SOSB(A)/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 02:31:10 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB(A)/40 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA

   40:  350    23       94
   20:    2     2        2
   15:   36    12       28
   10:   32    12       20
------------------------------

The above score is only for 40m. The whole log was submitted.

I struggled over how to do this contest.  10m while I still could?  All-band to
get some band-countries for my next Challenge level?  Or 40m where I started out
and it was so much fun?  I went with the latter. I danced with the one I was
with instead of casting my eye about for something more glamorous.

The problem was I didn't make this decision until Saturday morning, a bit late
because I should have stayed up all the first night.  So I had some catching up
to do.  I don't think I ever caught up, but que sera, sera.  I didn't stay up
the second night as conditions and activity seemed down - not worth it.

I had a great time and 40m was good.  It sounded worse than it was, especially
when the aurora was glaring at me.  Still, I got through to almost all the
stations I called.  Never could get a run going.  All S&P except for a
friend who answered my CQ for a mercy QSO.

I used VE7CC's cluster set for MA stations and it gave me good, accurate spots.
 Sunday morning it went offline and I had to use raw skimmer data from another
site which had a lot more errors.  That and the QRM and weaker signals Sunday
afternoon and evening resulted in several dupes which were my fault.  I
apologize - they were unintentional, I was careless.

I discovered some interesting operations above 7100 kHz: lots of Pactor and
very slow speed CW QSOs.  Not QRSS, just slow, regular QSOs.  Guess that's
where folks go to hide out and learn.  A sanctuary.

Thanks for the Qs and the good time.

73,
Ken, AB1J

FT-2000 N1MM+