[3830] CQWW CW K9MA SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, s1@sdellington.us
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K9MA SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 01:50:12 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9MA
Operator(s): K9MA
Station: K9MA

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH: WI

  160:   13     9        9
   80:  130    15       47
   40:  187    24       64
   20:  602    29       91
   15:  845    31       99
   10:   69    19       36
------------------------------

The great conditions we had last year had us spoiled, but things turned out
better than I expected.  One highlight was finding a JA on 10 for the double
mult just before I ran out of time.  160 was disappointing, but 80 was quite
good.  Sadly, 10 meters apparently has gone into hibernation until 2022 or so.

It's great to see lots of activity.  Viva CW!

Still working on the 24 hour strategy, but I really like that category.

Excuse department:  Just before the contest I discovered my SE tribander had
failed, probably as bugs moved into a trap for the winter.  Weather made
climbing the tower unsafe, so I could us it only on 10. Sure is nice to be able
to pick up the Caribbean and SA stations without waiting for the TH-7 to turn
around.  There's some mild weather in the forecast, so I should be able to fix
it before the ARRL DX contest.

*************************

Urban location, 18 by 36 meter lot.

Equipment:

K3
AL-82
SB-220

Antennas:

TH-7 at 21 meters
A3 fixed SE at 15 meters (defunct on 15 and 20)
40M rotatable dipole at 23 meters
Shunt fed tower on 80 and 160
RX loops for 80 and 160