[3830] SS CW K4XU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4XU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 06:24:56 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 21:30
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0

Wore myself out mostly S&P'ing for the first day and went to bed still
needing ND and YT. Sunday the conditions seemed better, especially on 15m.
Rolled across KC0W for ND, he's a dink shot from out here. Much easier than the
hour I spent on VE3CX for ONN! When finishing up one of my S&P runs at the
high end of 15m, I found VE8EV. I was CQing on 20m with the beam at the time so
I gave him a shot on the 40m dipole I use for the 2nd rig's 15m antenna. Bingo!
Don't dismiss using a 40m dipole on 15m. At 60', it has surprising low angle
gain in four directions, one being north and the SWR is less than 2.5:1, easily
handled by the TS590's tuner.

This was my 48th SS on 55 years. I still enjoy it, the company is great!
thanks for the fun,
Dick, k4xu