[3830] WAE SSB K1XM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB K1XM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 02:21:57 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1XM
Operator(s): K1XM
Station: K1XM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Massachusetts, USA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    0     0     0
   40:   41    35    69
   20:   68    83    58
   15:   40    30    36
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  149   148   163  Total Score = 48,411

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I hadn't planned to operate this contest at all.  Saturday morning Charlotte and
I took down the rotator and part of the broken 80 meter antenna.  Saturday
afternoon I diagnosed the rotator problem and fixed it.  Sunday I tore apart
the station computer which was overheating and cleaned the dust off the cooling
fans and fins.  And we went out all three evenings.

But in between I tuned around a bit and called people.  I even tried calling CQ
a couple times and worked a total of about three stations that way.  Conditions
were horrible Saturday morning improving to merely bad by Sunday.

The next time we get some good weather we'll reinstall the rotator and fix the
80 meter wire again.