[3830] IARU K1IMI(N4CW) SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K1IMI(N4CW) SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 18:49:35 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: K1IMI

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Zone 8
Operating Time (hrs): 15:45

  160:    0     0       0        0
   80:   32     0       6        3
   40:  206     0      16       33
   20:  500     0      26       36
   15:  101     0      18       34
   10:    9     0       2        6
-------------------------------------

Early start in the contest didn't look promising with SFI at 129 and A Index at
10 with K=4 and minor to moderate disturbances. 20 was the best band, with
moderate activity on 15, and 10 opened to Europe for a short while. I had to
S&P for the first three hours, then decided to run on 20. It was difficult
for me to get more than 50 per hour! Afternoon on 20 was productive and 15
faded away. I did work a couple mults on 10, beaming south. Took xyl out for an
early dinner...and probably missed a couple good hours on 20, but that's life!
Stayed on 20 until after dark (9 PM local), then went to 40. As usual, 40 was
crowded and best early evening. QRN levels increased somewhat until I moved to
80 around 11:30 PM. Boy, was it noisy on 80! ...and noise equates to wear and
tear on this old boy! I lasted until 3 AM and called it quits, ears still
ringing! I gave a look on 20 before retiring, and it was still active with
Europeans, but they wouldn't respond to my low power signal...good reason to go
to bed!
Results are not as good as last year, but I had fun running into old friends.
73, Bert N4CW/K1IMI