[3830] IARU K9JK SOABSSB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K9JK SOABSSB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 15:35:32 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9JK
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK

Class: SOABSSB QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 0:30

   20:          3      2        1
-------------------------------------
Total:   0      3      2        1  Total Score = 21

Only making a half-hour of time to operate and using an FT-817 QRP with a
hamstick-clone whip mag-mounted to the roof of the car (parked in the driveway)
was quite a ways below 'optimal' even if the band conditions had not been what
they were.

I *heard* and called quite a few stations (several HQ: 8N8HQ, CX1AA, HD2A,
R3HQ) but none of them were able to pull my puny signal out of the noise.
Special thanks to the three stations that DID copy my reply to their CQs and
completed QSOs.

73, JK