[3830] ARRLDX CW W1UE(@W1KM) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W1UE(@W1KM) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 11:34:27 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   83    44
   80:  389    67
   40:  791    74
   20:  845    93
   15:  689    86
   10:  541    79
-------------------
Total: 3338   443  Total Score = 4,436,202

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Didn't realize I would wind up so close to the SOLP record or I would have spent
another hour or two on the air!  The raw score is 6K ahead of the current LP
record, but I have no doubt it won't survive the log check.

I haven't done a LP contest in 30 years.  HP is sooo much fun- strange, exotic
DX answers you.  Its not just a "Europe QSO Party". Almost 90% of my
LP Qs were with Europeans.  But I wanted to try something different, so I did,
and it was fun!

Pregame goals were set- 3000 Qs (predicated on 75 Q/Hr for 40 hours), and 380
mults (went through the mult list, and figured I should be able to work that
many).  Both goals were exceeded, the mult one rather easily.  I was surprised
how relatively "easy" it was to break pileups, even LP.  It takes
different techniques than HP, which is something I'll have to remember when I

As always, a big thanks to Greg W1KM for the use of his great station!  And
thanks to all the ops that contacted me.

Dennis W1UE