[3830] CQ160 CW 8S0DX(SM0DSG) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, leif.gothlin@glocalnet.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW 8S0DX(SM0DSG) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 18:45:16 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: 8S0DX
Operator(s): SM0DSG
Station: 8S0DX

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Baltic Sea coast

Total:  QSOs = 1007  State/Prov = 17  Countries = 61  Total Score = 412,854

After a good 2 hour start, I then thought something was wrong in my RX. After a
few checks I realized it must have been a sudden drop of the conditions. I got
a bit lazy then, until I understood that most of Europe was having the same
trouble. That "cheered" me up again for a constant struggling for
each DX-contact through the rest of the contest.

A special thanks goes to WD5R in Arkansas, since he was spending many minutes
to finally get my callsign ok. HV0A operated split and did a great job to work
as many as possible in the huge European pile up.

Very few of the long distance DX were able to move my S-meter. None of the
Pacific or South-American stations could be heard on the beverages. But the
RX-beverages did a greater job than normally this time, since they brought down
the mush compared to listening on the TX-vertical. I normally don�'t use the
beverages when listening to European signals, but this time the beverages were
very handy to grab the callsigns out of the noise. TX-antenna is a vertical
standing on the ice (very thin ice for the moment ....) in the Baltic Sea.

Looking forward to next year�'s 160 m contest, which "statistically"
has to offer better conds........????