[3830] RTTY Roundup VA2UP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VA2UP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 02:22:34 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VA2UP
Station: VA2UP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

Total: 1285  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 47  Total Score = 134,925

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

I had a very good time. Conditions were better than expected. Low bands were a
bit noisy yesterday night but we had a winter storm in progress and that didn't
help. I played for a good 11 hours on saturday and went back home just around
midnight local time. Decided to clear the foot of snow we had received since
they were calling for freezing rain in the morning. Slept for a couple of hours
after that, got my things and went back to the station. By then the freezing
rain was really coming down. All contacts made this morning were with antennas
loaded with a good 3/4 inch of ice. It was difficult to tune them but we
managed anyways. Four hours into the morning shift and the ice got the best of
it. Boom, no more power...it was to be expected. Packed my things and went back
home. Returned later to check things out and to this point I have suffered no
damage to the antennas. I'm very grateful for that and hope it stays that way.
Part of contesting, we take good things when they come and we deal with the bad
ones the best we can. Happy New Year all.
73, Fabi va2up