[3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 01:44:00 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

   CW:  165    72
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  165    72  Total Score = 4,750

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I wasn't supposed to be playing in this contest this weekend. So when I was able
to duck into the shack, sometimes for just a few minutes, I prowled up and down
the band looking for new mults! Two Christmas parties, outside decorations to
be installed, and some Christmas shopping with XYL! I chose to stick to CW and
try my hand at Qrp, to see how many mults I could work with just 5 watts.
Didn't spend much time trying if other station didn't hear me after a couple
calls, and passed by a few that had heavy pile ups going. Had fun ducking into
the shack playing, and getting all the holiday to do's done, on time as well!
Ended up with 32 DX, 31 states, 5 VE and 4 XE.
Operating conditions, Icom 756PROIII at 5 watts to 2 element triband at 37'

73 Gene N9TF