[3830] CQWW CW WA1Z SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob@wa1z.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WA1Z SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 01:25:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WA1Z
Operator(s): WA1Z
Station: WA1Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 44.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   29     9       14
   80:  280    18       66
   40: 1121    27       94
   20:  674    34       98
   15:  592    29      100
   10:  857    29      101
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Two Elecraft K3s, DXDoubler SO2R controller
Win-Test
Antennas:
160M Inverted L,
80M 2-element phased vertical array
40M Wire Dipoles between 50 and 65'
20-10M TX-38 fixed to EU at 40', A3S rotatable at 57' on AB-577 on loan from
W6PH
Assorted homebrew Yagis and Quad in various fixed directions at lower heights
NE, SW and NW 92 Meter long Beverages

The rate just never let up this weekend.  40 Meters was a bottomless pit when
open to EU.  I was able to run effectively almost the entire contest, with the
exception of the few hours just before our local sunrise.  Had 8 consecutive
100+ hours during the day on Saturday between the two radios.  That has never
happened before from this QTH.  Some antenna work paid off, such as the
addition of one of the WRTC2014 TX-38 tribanders, but conditions were some of
the best/most balanced I've experienced in CQWW from home.  Lots of fun.