[3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dmsthill@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 03:20:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P6SH

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: 8P

   80:    0        0       0     0
   40:  138       29      40    13
   20:  165       33      47    14
   15:  404       41      64    22
   10:  300       26      51    16
------------------------------------
Total: 1007      129     202    65  Total Score = 1,041,876

This was supposed to be a casual effort as I was officially baby-sitting this
week-end. Main goal was to beat my previous modest assisted SOAB (H) effort
back in 2002 with low power. Great conditions and sitting in the chair every
available opportunity saw me overhaul that score just as day 2 was starting. I
kept re-setting my goals and in the end felt pretty good about making 1000
Q's.

I do not have a resonant 80m antenna and that hurt the score as far as mults
was concerned. Also currently have an automatic bandpass filter set and a
number of mono-band units which limits my configuration to 40, 20 or 15 from
the right rig.

I finally started to fine-tune my messages and on day two I was very happy with
my ability to move stations from one rig to another using writelog's %k variable
which transmits the other radio's frequency. My buffers are still a bit too long
but everything worked fine. The fkeys utility tied it all together.

Thanks to the many stations who moved from one band to another - not just for
mults but towards the middle of day 2 I was moving any station I hadn't worked
on the other band. There were times when I should have moved stations for a
third band but the manual filters made that impractical.

Station includes (2x) FT 950, C3 with seperate feedlines and a full-size
DXEngineering 40m vertical. The innovantenna 10m antennas were not available
for this contest. All switching is done using using uHam MK2R+ and two Station
Masters along with WX0B Six-Pack. First contest with a new berverage but this
was just used for quick a/b checks - will really help with 80m from EU.

Great contest - wish I could have played competitively but duty called. Glad to
dish out the 8P mult especially on 10m. The table below shows where my QSO's
came from.

           80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    EU       0     57     80    209    202     548    54.4
    AS       0      2      2     16      5      25     2.5
    NA       0     72     78    165     75     390    38.7
    AF       0      1      4      3      3      11     1.1
    SA       0      6      1      9     14      30     3.0
    OC       0      0      0      2      1       3     0.3

Look forward to seeing you all in the next RTTY contest.

73's and GL

Dean - 8P2K / 8P6SH