[3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3AAQ Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF VE3AAQ Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 01:14:33 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF QSO Party

Call: VE3AAQ
Operator(s): VE3AAQ
Station: VE3AAQ

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: FN25bh

    6:   8      4
    2:  16     12
  222:   8      6
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  32     22  Total Score = 880

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was my second Single-op Portable QRP entry in an ARRL VHF contest.

I operated a battery-powered Yaesu FT-817, running 5 watts to a 10el yagi on
432, a 4el Yagi on 144 and a 2el Moxon Rectangle on 50MHz.

My best DX on 432 was K1TEO at 500km, on 2m W3SO at 625km and on 6m my best DX
was K2LIM at 350km.

My QTH (FN25bh) was at the Etienne Brule Lookout in Gatineau Park, Quebec, at
about 350m ASL overlooking Ottawa.  It was sunny and cool (15 degrees C).  I
was outdoors, set up on a picnic table and attracted a fair amount of curiosity
from people out for a Sunday walk.

My four hours of effort yielded 32 QSOs, 22 mults and 880 points, a better
score than I made from the same location in June.