[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 14:20:50 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Sep 3

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :40

   40:  13     13
   20:  12      8
Total:  25     21  Total Score = 525

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Not a very good effort for me this morning.   Need to make a better strategy for
picking bands to work.  But, that's the fun of all this….experimentation,
trying, failing, trying again, etc.  The idea is to get BETTER each time,
though!  Ha!

I worked 40 and 20 only.  Should have checked 15 right before the end, 'cause
my cross-town neighbor, Joe, AB5OR, picked up several good ones there toward
the end.

And, I'm trying to coax/coach him into membership.  This was only his second
try at CWT and he SMOKED me!!  Frankly, that puts a smile on my face!  He beat
his old score before the CWT was half over!  Way to go, Joe.  Pretty soon,
you'll have your own number.  But, for now, keep plowing through all these
great operators on CWT.

Again, thanks to all of you who have welcomed me with open arms to your
fabulous fraternity.

Highlight:  Working N4AF right off the bat, then catching Howie again on 20 as
my final QSO.  What a great op!
Got a good chuckle as I worked W7SW, too.  Waited eagerly to see what he would
send as his name this time.  Just Scotty this time.  Ha!

See you at 1900z today, then the evening event, too.

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, WB5EIN
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of Elvis)
Kenwood TS-480SAT (100w) to Windom at 40'
Kent paddle into Winkeyer USB
MacBook Pro (in my lap out here in the corner of the garage, amongst the boxes,
bikes, and yard equipment -- what a sight!)