[3830] WPX CW P40A(KK9A) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@p40a.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW P40A(KK9A) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 01:56:59 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: P40A
Operator(s): KK9A
Station: P49V

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Aruba

   20: 2450

My wife and I just had another fantastic vacation in Aruba. The weather was
perfect and the beautiful beaches and restaurants made for a wonderful trip. I
wish to thank Carl AI6V and Sue AI6YL for the use of their lovely home in
Noord. Their home has three towers loaded with antennas along with a well
equipped ham shack and yet it is still very XYL friendly. Inside the shack it
is interesting to look at the walls and see all of the pictures and QSL cards
from visitors and friends. For this year’s WPX CW contest I operated 20m
single band. Conditions were fantastic and at the start I had five straight
hours with rates over 100 working both Europe and the US. Things slowed
somewhat for the rest of the contest after this initial burst however I was
pleasantly surprised by the huge Saturday morning JA pileup. I do not recall
ever having so many Japanese stations call me on this band from Aruba. The 36
hour format is great as it allows for some rest and time for meals, however
with 20m open 24 hours a day I really did not get very much sleep. It had been
a year since I participated in CW contest and certainly much better operators
have sat in the chair, however it was fun pushing my limits from this Caribbean
station. I would like to thank everyone for the QSOs, I really appreciate your
efforts. This was a very enjoyable contest and it was nice to see W2GD/P44W,
AE6Y/P49Y, P43C and P43A again.

73

John KK9A / P40A

Please QSL via WD9DZV.