[3830] RAC Winter VA7BEC M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VA7BEC M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 21:32:43 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC VA7KO
Station: VA7BEC

Class: M/S LP
QTH: near Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    8              3
   80:   37     24       6         5
   40:   92     10       9         5
   20:  117    187      10        11
   15:  107    225      11        11
   10:   34     91       5         5
    6:           1                 1
    2:           1                 1
Total:  395    539      44        39  Total Score = 410,850

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

First, congratulations to the VA3GKO team. Awesome results. \(^_^)/

Over here on the left coast, conditions were tough. Night-time activity on the
low bands did not produce anticipated Q numbers, and a lack of 10m Qs on
Saturday further impacted final totals. Mult counts on these bands are meager.
Seems 15m and 20m provided the most activity on both CW and SSB, but again, not
the expected levels even though the multi counts are good.
Got the feeling that Canadian participation was down, compared with previous
years. A quick look at last year's log confirms this: a decrease of about 16%,
with a noticeable drop in Qs with VE7 and VE6 stations.
That said, it was great to have Qs with all the VE stations that we did,
especially those in the Maritimes. It's like DX! We also managed to work many
of the RAC stations on multiple bands and modes. :)  And there was solid
support for RAC Winter Contest from our friends to the south.
RAC Winter is a nice way to end the year. Good opportunity to exchange a few
pleasantries with all the folks who support amateur radio in Canada and beyond.

And on that note, we wish everyone all the best for 2014, in contesting, in
DX-hunting and in life.
73,
Rebecca VA7BEC and Koji VA7KO