[3830] CQWW CW WW4LL M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WW4LL M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:59:18 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WW4LL
Operator(s): K1ZZI W4DXX N4OO W4BQF WA2MBP K9MUG N5TOO WW4LL
Station: WW4LL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: GA

  160:   25    10       20
   80:  291    24       93
   40:  973    37      137
   20:  842    37      127
   15: 1497    36      141
   10: 1001    34      130
------------------------------

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

This was a great effort by a great group of friends and operators who far
surpassed my expectations in this contest.  Everyone knew what they had to do
and just did it.

Friday night we had about S7 noise on 80 meters which is uncharacteristic from
this station.  We also experienced intermittent high swr on the 40 meter beam
and the diagnosis so far indicates it's a connector on the feed line or we
burnt up the balun.  New 10 K balun and feed line ordered and should be here
Wednesday.

Last week, W4KTR and I put up a 20 meter monobander which helped us, but our Q
count was still a little low on that band, however, we're working on making
that problem get better.

Lot's of rare and semi-rare DX worked this weekend.  First night, only 121 Qs
worked on 80 but 75 of those Qs were countries.  All of the ops made a
concerted effort to work mults.

80 meter 4 square performed well, as did our Optibeams.  20 meter mono band
addition is a wide spaced 4 element from M2 that works really well, especially
where it is on the tower.

This is a single tower contest station at 89 feet so my hat is off to a great
group of CW ops, all of which are members of the Georgia Contest Group!  Also,
we welcomed a new operator to this QTH, Tom, W4BQF who was tenacious in his
efforts to boost our score and lot's of fun to hang out with.  This was truly a
team effort by everyone involved!  Thanks also to Keith, W4KTR for helping out
on installing the new monobander last week and helping me out with other
station issues this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who worked us and participated in this contest.

73'....Fred, WW4LL