[3830] CQWW CW NH2T(N2NL) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NH2T(N2NL) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:37:10 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Guam

  160:   97    14       19
   80:   81    22       33
   40:  128    34       54
   20:  334    35       93
   15:  789    39      124
   10:  692    38      193
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Original plans to operate SOAB for the full 48 hours fell through.

I woke up the morning of the contest with a scratchy throat - I probably caught
something on my flight home from a recent trip to DU1.  I started feel worse as
the contest started.  By 11Z I was 300 QSOs behind last year and feeling
miserable with a full blown sinus infection - watery eyes, clogged ears and
nose.  I just wasn't having fun so I crashed and went to bed.  For the rest of
the weekend I turned on packet and S&Ped around calling guys.  At times I
felt like Willy Wonka handing out KH2 multiplier candy.  Really quite enjoyable
and I still got to play around in the contest without the typical serious SOAB
pressure.

Some regrets not doing a full effort... but I don't think I could have made it
through the full weekend anyway.  Half way through the contest the T/R relay in
my ancient AL1200 started glitching, so I was forced to run 33% power with my
KPA500 instead, plus I ended up having some unavoidable family responsibilities
come up that would have forced me off the air for about three additional hours
anyway - so I'm glad I made the decision when I did.  Conditions were pretty
similar to last year - perhaps a very slight bit better - so it is questionable
if I would have been able to top last year's score.

Plenty of KH2s on all the bands... almost too many when you are SOAB and
counting on assisted and multi op guys to call in for mults.  Sorry for not
spending more time on the low bands where I know KH2 is rarer.

This is almost certainly my last CQWW DX contest from Guam for the foreseeable
future as I am due to transfer in June of 2014.  No idea where I am headed, but
odds favorite are that it will be Honolulu for four years.

Still looking forward to lots of Radiosporting fun from Guam until I have to
take everything down to QSY - which may be just before WPX CW time next year.

73, Dave KH2/N2NL