[3830] CQWW CW N6RO SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6RO SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:31:37 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: CA

   10:  470    33      112
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I had planned a somewhat serious SB10 effort, and all went well for two hours on
Friday eve and for a couple of hours Sat. AM when the band opened to EU.  Then,
on my 76th birthday, two bad gifts from Murphy:

Signals on RX started jumping up and down by 10 dbB, SWR still good.  Then the
SWR went up to abt. 5:1, but with a tuner I could still transmit and work
stations ok. But the problem (probably the Stackmatch) created an arc which
wiped out RX on the 15m station where WA6O was doing a SB15.

So I switched to the backup TH6 to try to continue to find that the rotator
would not turn and was stuck on JA.  That was the end of the EU run and
pouncing on mults in CA/SA, but OK when the band opened to JA.

I slept in on Sunday AM so Mike could continue on 15m and got on for a few Qs
in the Pacific near the end of the contest. The band was in good shape, but
humbug on my antennas!  I hope to get things fixed before the ARRL 10m test.

Also pounced on 4 AF and 4 EU on 80m, and a few NCCC expeditions on 20m.

K3EST made a big score in SB40, enjoying probably the best 40m condx we've ever
had at RO.  The rest of our usual MM team were on expeditions.