[3830] IOTA M5Z(JK3GAD) SO(A)24CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jk3gad@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IOTA M5Z(JK3GAD) SO(A)24CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 18:42:24 +0000
                    IOTA Contest

Call: M5Z
Operator(s): JK3GAD
Station: M0CFW

Class: SO(A)24CW LP
QTH: Central London

   80:   10        7
   40:  209       46
   20:  261       45
   15:   79       18
   10:   56       14
Total:  615      130      0        0  Total Score = 620,750

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

First time I use this callsign, M5Z. (Jersey version of this callsign, MJ5Z, was
activated in CQ WPX CW contest 2 month ago) Luckily I did not have any
difficulties even I know this callsign is not listed in SCP file anywhere.

Used usual radio (K3) and antenna (5 meter wire on flag pole with ATU on
balcony) Not many DX worked, signals were generally weak, but worked more
stations and multipliers than last year so no complain. Missed EU-005 on
15m.....

There was thunder storm on Saturday evening so I have to QRT for few hours.
Then Sunday morning, I accidentally poured glass of water over logging computer
(laptop). It shut down and power switch did not respond. About 20-30 minutes
later, power switch of PC started working again and Windows started, I can
start Win-Test for couple of minutes then error message showed up and shut
down. It did not recognise HDD anymore. Luckily after another 20-30 minutes, it
seems everything dried up inside and start working again. So I just lost one
hour of operating time, potentially best 10/15m opening. Needless to say, I
immediately enabled auto backup function in Win-Test.

Thanks for QSO!

73 Kazu
M0CFW, M5Z, JK3GAD