[3830] NAQP RTTY W6NF/VE4 M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W6NF/VE4 M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 05:41:18 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: W6NF/VE4
Operator(s): W6NF K7MKL
Station: W6NF

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Oakbank, MB

   80:    0     0
   40:    0     0
   20:  112    37
   15:    4     4
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  116    41  Total Score = 4,756

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Considering we were running our K3 at 25 watts into a Slinky dipole (12 feet
long) on the 3rd floor balcony of an apartment, things went pretty well. We
stayed on 20 until it went away and hoped that 40 would produce something but
that was not to be. Many, many calls on 40 and an antenna that was radiating
almost nothing made us realize it was an exercise in futility so we quit about
an hour early. A few Qs on 15 but mostly they were requested QSYs from 20. I
hated to do it because of the 10-minute rule and in retrospect I should not
have done it and stayed on 20.

We started almost 2 hours late because N1MM Logger kept freezing. I initially
though it was a software issue but finally realized, because of the proximity
of the antenna to the K3 and laptop, we were getting RF into the system. I  had
some big clamp-on ferrite cores on hand and took care of the problem.

Since my XYL (K7MKL) and I both wanted to operate we had to do Multi-Two, even
tough we have only one radio. As it turns out, Shelley made 90% of the QSOs and
did well under difficult conditions.

Based on reaciotn on the air I feel we may have provided the only VE4 mult in
this running of the NAQP. I certainly saw no spots for any other VE4's.