[3830] IARU NA8V SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NA8V SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:46:49 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: mi

  160:    8
-------------------------------------

I have been fighting a chest cold for the past week.  that plus the dismal high
band condx led me to take time off - generally at bad times.  I had had high
hopes for this one as condx had been quite good a few days before.  Oh, well.
I still had a lot of fun.

Worked one EU on 10, hrd another.  the usually realiable late afternoon opening
didn't materialize.

Worked only 37 EU on 15 and no JA/UA0.

20 was open all day but not very well.  the nighttime opening wasn't there for
me.  was some solid condx to the Pacific.  Worked BY and a couple JA at the
start, but again no UA9/0 and all those zones.

40 had loud signals from EU but didn't seem to be a lot of activity.  Could do
nothing running dx.

80 likewise had some good signals but not a lot of them.

Didn't have an antenna up for 160, used my 80 antenna and managed to get a few
mults.

didn't really have much luck CQing into the US.  Must have tried at the wrong
times or maybe not enough.

greg/na8v