[3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC SO 3B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xc_tx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC SO 3B LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 21:43:22 -0700
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K7XC
Operator(s): K7XC
Station: K7XC

Class: SO 3B LP
QTH: EM12ur - Terrell, TX

    6:  411   137
    2:   27     9
  222:    0     0
  432:    0     0
  903:    0     0
  1.2:    0     0
  2.3:    0     0
  3.4:    0     0
  5.7:    0     0
  10G:    0     0
  24G:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  438   145  Total Score = 63,948

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

First contest from my new location in EM12-North Texas. Rather than operate from
the RV park with only loop, I setup the tower trailer outside the Engineering
Lab of my new employer- Communication Amps, LLC. It was Very different to be
single hop range from almost all of NA. A real workout for the HAM-IV rotor as
you really have to be scanning all directions in order to not miss a thing.
While checking the rules just before going on the air I discovered the new
&quot;Single Op Low Power 3 Band&quot; category and decided to give it a try,
which was a lot of fun!! We haven't been here long enough to get used to the
humidity here in the South and ran out of steam to get 432 going and frankly, I
felt lucky to have 2 bands running! Slow going all day Saturday and went to bed
with barely 50 contacts. Sunday morning started out slow then without warning
it blasted wide open with a HUGE opening into a huge portion of the Midwest,
South, and East Coast resulting in a QSO rate of 180+ hr for 2+ hrs!!! During a
lull in activity, With 6 hours left, I left the air exhausted  to take a short
nap and woke up at several hours after the event was over. Hope I didn't miss
much...

K7XC Max Rates:
2013-06-09 1425Z - 6.0 per minute  (1 minute(s)), 360 per hour by K7XC
2013-06-09 1434Z - 3.8 per minute  (10 minute(s)), 228 per hour by K7XC
2013-06-09 1524Z - 3.2 per minute  (60 minute(s)), 191 per hour by K7XC

Station: IC-746, 100W, 6ele 6M Yagi @ 30', 16ele Yagi @ 34', Dell Laptop with
CW interface.

73s de Tim - K7XC - EM12ur... sk