[3830] CQMM DX VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQMM DX VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 18:52:12 -0700
                    CQ Manchester Mineira DX Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:

   80:
   40:  10       1
   20:  30       1
   15:  33       7
   10:
----------------------
Total:  73       9  Countries = 29  Total Score = 10,260

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Very casual, part-time effort while getting the new shack computer up and
running. Everything works FB under Win8, but only after two days and nights of
installing and configuring the build from scratch. Now set for another 10 years
of contesting :)

After living without a working serial port PCI card, I again have two real
serial ports for FSK (important for BARTG75), leaving just rig control on
USB-to-Serial cables. Worky worky. And fast as all get out (i7 3770K aboard...
overkill today means just about right in a year or so). The old machine
(Pentium D) was getting a bit too old to seamlessly run SO2R RTTY and all the
other work-stuff I need active during a contest weekend.

SP DX RTTY and Florida QSO Party next weekend. Will get on after dark, as
spring has arrived and the lawns, lawn tractor, and winter tires need
attention.

Thanks for the Qs. See you out there again next time.

-- Bud VA7ST