[3830] WPX SSB 6Y3M(VE3NZ) SOAB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, qrp.ben@rogers.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB 6Y3M(VE3NZ) SOAB(TS) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 19:31:36 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: 6Y3M
Operator(s): VE3NZ
Station: 6Y5WJ

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: JAMAICA
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5

  160:    0
   10:    0

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My first SSB contest ever on the &quot;other&quot; side of the pileup at 6Y5WJ's
QTH.

Jamaica Electric Company tryed to spoil the fun for me, but I was able to
continue on backup generator power (at reduced power 500 Watts approx), while
the mains power was out for 4 hrs on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday afternoon we
had gail force winds, at one point we were seriously considering to lower the
Quad, but actually we did so after the contest ended.

A fine contest station, that Josh, 6Y5WJ built at 2200 ft ASL. FT1000MP MkV,
TL-922 amp, 2L Quad Tribander, GP for 80 and 160, and 2 Beverages US and EU.

Great contest, tnx for the calls and the pileups. Will be back next year.

Geo, VE3NZ (Ben)