[3830] TBDC NX5M Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC NX5M Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 07:03:33 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: TX

Total:  QSOs = 301  Total Score = 1,336

KU5B flew in from MS Saturday morning.  We started setting up only to discover a
bad beverage cable and a filter had failed.  By the time that was all repaired
it was 3pm.....so much for resting in the afternoon.
We both had trouble being focused and because the band did not sound good we
lost even more focus.  After the first three hours or so we started having a
discussion about upcoming contests and just grabbed a qso here and there.  We
were basically done!
After we had decided the station layout for the upcoming NAQP's I turned the
radio back on and made one more qso at 0558z....then hit the "off" switch and
went to bed.
For what it's worth....best DX was 4O3A.