[3830] ARRL 10 EI2CN M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 EI2CN M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 11:52:26 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: EI2CN
Operator(s): EI2CN
Station: EI2CN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 15:40

   CW:  435   100
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  435   100  Total Score = 173,600

This was a single operator single mode operation despite the class the rules
force me into - I like to use the technology of WinTest with the internet.
It was not as helpful this time though as the band was generally poor.

The multipliers consist of 72 DXCC entities and 28 states/provinces. Though the
band was not in good shape it was amazing to still work VK, ZL, JA, BY, 4X VP8,
5X, 5T, D4, ZS, VU and many more.    One JA on long path was running 10 Watts.
 Indeed the majority of far DX seemed to be long path!

Sunday provided about twice the activity and DX as compared to Saturday.    On
Saturday the band seemed to close around 15:00 with a few stragglers netted
after this time.   Sunday after 16:00 proved a good time to work south America
but this was not possible the previous day.

So the conditions were not good but they were interesting and kept me going
through the day.    I am thankful to all who provided me with a QSO.

There are still those amongst us who seem to believe that a raw AC note or key
clicks are the way to go - I tend to try to ignore them or to be honest not
enter them into the log if forced to work them.   It is not so easy to give a
poor report with WinTest and it is time consuming.    Perhaps I am wrong in
this attitude but then I am not causing needless and mindless QRM.

K3 P3 Acom 2000A running 1500W legal in EI for contests
4 el SteppIR at 80 feet
MicroKeyer II and WinTest